Black Doula Community Programs
- The Black Doula Project In an effort to minimize birth complications and improve Black birth outcomes, this non-profit provides grants for doula services for expecting Black families in D.C. and Baltimore.
- Black Mamas ATX A Central Texas organization with a goal “to reduce and ultimately eliminate the alarming maternal mortality and morbidity rates among Black women.” Two Sister Doulas associated with Black Mamas provide free doula services during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Black Parent Initiative
901 NE Glisan Street, Ste. 250
Portland OR 97232
Focuses on supporting Black and multi-ethnic families with children 0-10 in the State of Oregon. Provides a minimum of both 4 Pre-Natal visits and 2 postpartum visits.
- Chicago Volunteer Doulas (CVD) A birth justice organization providing comprehensive doula support for vulnerable communities in Chicagoland. A diverse community of doulas (in all of the ways!), some of whom are fluent in Spanish, Russian, and Polish. Provides free or extremely low cost services to people or families who meet CVD qualification criteria.
Expand your visibility. Improve your reputation. Drive more traffic. Claim your Base7Booking.com listing.
Black Doulas Directory
- Chicago Birthworks Collective
Birth doula, placenta encapsulation, and lactation support services available to women near Chicago. Virtual services are also available.
- Doula’d by Janae
Supports mothers near San Leandro and Oakland, California.
- Mamatoto Village
4315 Sheriff Rd NE
Washington, DC 20019
Phone: (202) 248-3434
Provides doula care for all family structures, situations, body types, and ages, including survivors centered care and those with substance use disorder.
- MINE-R-T Doula Company
Phone: (704) 661-2278
Team of doulas in Charlotte who provide an array of brith services. Mothers and families can choose a package, hourly services, or add options (read placenta encapsulation).
Black Doula Organizations
- National Black Doulas Association® 146 pages indexed in Google
- Sista Midwife Directory Offers doula training and directory listings–professionals must pay for profile links with links to their website and social media profiles.
Articles about Black Doulas
Smithsonian Institution The historical and cultural legacy of Black midwives and doulas.