Addiction Rehab Marketing: A Guide To Building Your Digital Strategy
Marketing a drug addiction rehab center business is hard work. Ensure that your checklist covers all the key areas by reading this simple guide.
At a glance, the idea of marketing an addiction rehab business may sound a little vulgar. After all, it could be seen as a route to profiting from a person’s misfortune. On the contrary, though, drug rehab marketing is a key feature that will ultimately enable you to support patients with the world-class services that your company delivers.
This quick guide to drug rehab marketing will help you understand the key features needed to build a comprehensive, consistent, and cost-effective strategy that gives your company a platform to build upon.
Why is Drug Rehab Marketing Important?
Whether you’ve opened a new rehab center or want to give your existing company a boost, an effective drug rehab marketing strategy should be at the top of your agenda. Research shows that over 20 million Americans are fighting at least one addiction. So, there is a huge audience of potential patients who your business could help.
However, the rapid increase in reported addiction has also seen the number of rehab clinics grow fast. It is now a highly competitive environment, but a dedicated marketing strategy for drug rehab companies can give you the edge. A whole host of rewards can be gained from getting this right, including but not limited to;
- Your addiction recovery center will gain more visibility over its competitors – it’s impossible for a patient to choose your company if they don’t know it exists.
- People associate strong digital marketing campaigns with trust and authority – and a huge 70% of people are influenced by the levels of trust they have in a company.
- Digital marketing strategies allow you to reach the intended audience – after all, your services may be geared towards specific substances or demographics.
- Most consumers begin their research online – in fact, over 10,000 Google searches for drug recovery centers are made by Americans each month.
- Digital marketing allows prospective patients and families to find the info they require – and complete the intended CTA if they want to learn more.
As a drug rehab center, your business model will contrast those of retailers and eCommerce platforms. Nonetheless, the primary functions of digital marketing remain. A successful campaign will boost brand awareness and authority while simultaneously informing prospective clients about the rehab services you provide. In turn, this can translate to more appointments and the opportunity to support more patients while also boosting your bottom line.
On a side note, digital marketing has the added bonus of reaching patients from coast to coast, which is an advantage over local campaigns – not least because many recovering addicts prefer to escape their surroundings while they complete a detox.
Support your marketing efforts. Improve your reputation. Claim your Base7Booking.com listing.
The Key Features of a Rehab Marketing Strategy
The drug rehab industry was valued at over $42 billion in 2020, and the figure has grown further as a growing number of Americans encounter addiction. You already know that you want to build a marketing strategy that enables your drug and alcohol rehab clinic to help more people. Now is the time to focus on building it.
Here are eight great features that will help you develop a winning strategy for increased visibility and connections with your audience.
Traditional Rehab Marketing
While digital marketing is undoubtedly the key to successful marketing for drug rehab companies, traditional marketing still has a role to play. It allows you to reach audiences who may not have internet access. Similarly, it helps build familiarity with the company – which is vital considering it takes eight touchpoints to do this.
Unlike many aspects of digital marketing, traditional methods allow you to take the initiative rather than wait for prospective patients to hunt for the business itself. Besides, many traditional marketing tools can now include QR codes or additional elements that integrate with digital marketing.
Some of the best traditional marketing efforts include:
Traditional mail can be particularly useful, especially as people tend to receive fewer letters and leaflets than in past generations. It can be a great way to connect to people that have already shown an interest in the recovery center, particularly as you can easily personalize the letter.
Alternatively, if sending cold direct mail in your local area, you can still make a big impression. A strong, eye-catching headline (like a question) can grab their attention. Meanwhile, your content can introduce pain points and symptoms. It may be the tool that helps them acknowledge a problem.
Outdoor ad campaigns can work very well and help strengthen your overall brand image while also gently encouraging people with addictions to seek the support they require.
Some examples include; billboards, buses, posters in bathrooms, shopping mall ad boards, public event spaces, and more. The message should be short, sharp, and to the point. In turn, prospective patients and families can continue their research online or by giving you a call.
Radio and Rehab
When looking at the prospect of radio adverts, you may want to consider traditional adverts or sponsorships. Alternatively, you could be the guest on a show to discuss key issues like the current state of alcohol addiction in the country and how people can seek help.
Aside from boosting awareness, it can be a great way to show your authority within the field. Moreover, you will capture the listener’s attention for a long period, which can leave a huge impression. It also allows you to reach audiences who were not specifically searching for drug rehab services but could fall into the category of potential patients.
Paid Online Ads
Pay Per Click (PPC) marketing does cost money, but it is highly targeted and can offer exceptional value for money for businesses across all industries. There are many reasons why managers may want to add this option to their drug rehab marketing strategy, including but not limited to;
- You can start to gain new web traffic with rapid results, even in the first 24 hours.
- People know that you are using paid ads, which can help legitimize your company as far as they are concerned.
- Google PPC ads can be displayed across a network of over 2 million websites while Facebook and other platforms have their own platforms.
- PPC only charges you when a person clicks the link, whether that comes after one impression or 1,000. Most people who click will have a genuine interest.
- You can set a daily, weekly, or campaign budget. This makes it easy to set your financial limits and track the success of the campaign.
Furthermore, Google has updated its policies for rehab-related searches, leading to a 96% reduction in the number of eligible ads. So, if yours satisfies the requirements, it will gain a significant advantage over your competitors. Not least because the ad reach can be targeted to reach certain demographics.
You can additionally run multiple ads, each linked to unique landing pages. By sending interested parties to the exact services they need can increase conversions with significant results.
With roughly two billion websites currently active, it’s unlikely that people will land on your domain unless they have interacted with another ad or marketing tool first. Still, most prospective patients will then visit your website to learn more. And they will formulate opinions within the first few seconds. As such, you must;
- Choose a color scheme that’s both eye-catching and suitable for a drug rehab business. The palette should be soft and welcoming.
- Ensure that the website loads within 3 seconds as studies show that bounce rates rise and conversions fall very quickly after this.
- Boast a clear layout that makes it easy for users to navigate to the right service or website section. It must work well across all devices, including mobile.
- Support your website design with a strong choice of website host that offers optimal uptime and can handle the traffic requirements.
The website is essentially your shop window. For a drug rehab company, it should offer a friendly tone while simultaneously providing the information that they require. For the most effective results, it should also focus on clear CTAs too. Good examples include encouraging them to join your newsletter or book a free consultation.
Affiliate and influencer marketing may not be as commonly used for substance abuse rehab centers as in other businesses. Nonetheless, your website can display testimonials to increase the sense of trust.
While a strong website can be one of your greatest marketing tools, it will have zero impact if nobody ever finds it. Paid advertising is a great way to secure quick traffic. However, organic traffic is the best solution for a drug rehab marketing strategy. It is shown that 68% of all online experiences start with search engines. SEO is important because;
- Only a small percentage of users scroll beyond page 1.
- Appearing in the top 3-5 spots on the SERPs instantly makes your business look more professional and successful than the competition.
- The clicks gained from SEO come from audiences who are actively looking for drug rehab services.
- It is responsible for over half of all website traffic across all industries, including the drug rehab sector.
SEO campaigns can include a range of on-page and off-page tactics. Moreover, you can target local terms and industry keywords to secure the best results. This additionally means you can focus on securing traffic from people looking for the distinct services you offer – by substance or treatment types.
Ultimately, SEO is designed to streamline the discovery process for prospective patients and their loved ones. When supported by listings on drug rehab directories, traffic from the target audience should soar.
Support your marketing efforts. Improve your reputation. Claim your Base7Booking.com listing.
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is about more than just reposting a few memes. It is a particularly powerful outlet for establishing brand awareness and growing closer connections with users. In turn, the sense of emotional comfort can make the process of seeking help feel far less daunting for patients. Social media can be used to;
- Promoting your brand values and understanding of patient situations.
- Share the stories of past patients who have successfully completed a drug rehab plan and remained free from substance abuse.
- Reach an audience that covers over 82% of all Americans.
- Provide valuable insight into the people behind the company as well as the facilities, treatments, and benefits of choosing your company.
- Celebrate successes like awards and accolades.
There are many key reasons to love social media. Firstly, it does not cost you anything to post content. You can also post across multiple channels to build familiarity while interactions with patients and prospective patients will strengthen the bond and info that may have been embarrassed to ask certain questions.
The average person now spends around 2.5 hours on social media each day, it is the ideal outlet for reaching patients when they are in a relaxed mindset. They can also use the private messaging features to reach out in a discrete way. As a drug rehab center, offering this capability is a telling feature.
Content marketing is one of the most effective features of any digital marketing strategy. It can comprise podcasts, video marketing, blogs, infographics, and a range of other media types. There are many reasons why companies in the field of recovery from drug abuses should embrace content creation. This includes but is not limited to;
- The content is more engaging and memorable – for example, people can retain up to 95% of video content compared to just 10% of text.
- It is a way to provide value to patients and their families before they’ve even contacted you.
- Quality content can go viral and achieve backlinks for boosted SEO and referrals.
- Content marketing allows you to explain issues in detail compared to traditional ad campaigns.
- Organic site traffic is 7.8x bigger for content marketing leaders compared to followers.
Crucially, you should remember that your drug rehab marketing campaigns are often aimed at loved ones rather than the addict themselves. Content marketing is particularly useful for answering their questions. Whether it’s informing them about the signs that someone has a substance abuse disorder or highlighting the benefits of rehab doesn’t matter.
The engaging content that also promotes clear CTAs is a great way to connect with them as well as the patients themselves. Creating content specifically aimed at audiences across the three stages of Awareness, Consideration, and Decision for optimal results.
The power of email marketing is still strong. In fact, regulations regarding cold email marketing practices can actively support your email marketing campaigns. You can only message people that have provided their details or subscribed to your newsletter. As such, you already know that they are warm leads considering help for themselves or a loved one. Other key issues to consider are;
- Email marketing campaigns have seen an increased response rate in recent times – as confirmed by 78% of marketers.
- Email marketing template software allows you to create attractive designs that include different media types and work across all screens.
- The users can open and engage with the email streams at a convenient time for them.
- Your business can set automated email marketing streams that lead readers through the three stages of Awareness, Consideration, and Decision.
- Email marketing can be discrete, which is great for patients or loved ones seeking info.
Email marketing tactics can borrow some of the ideas used in content creation. Providing clear insights, graphical data, and value-driven communications can work wonders. Email marketing conversion rates can sit anywhere between 15-20%. Even if your email marketing list is quite small, creating effective email streams will be worthwhile.
Crucially, you will want to establish personalized communication to build a sense of trust and encourage readers to take the next steps. You can also include valuable guides, such as how to stage an intervention. As you build trust, the chances of them choosing your drug rehab services are greatly increased.
Finally, good PR can work wonders for your drug rehab marketing strategy. After all, it’s one thing to hear what your business has to say about itself. Yet, reading it from impartial third parties will make a big difference. As well as joining dedicated listings for alcohol abuse rehab directories, your PR tactics may include coverage in the local news, health magazines, and more.
Support your marketing efforts. Improve your reputation. Claim your Base7Booking.com listing.
Building Your Marketing Campaigns
Understanding the different tools that can be used to build brand awareness is important. However, you must also focus on building a consistent campaign that actively drives conversions. Be sure to ask yourself the following questions, and you won’t go far wrong;
- Does the campaign tell audiences exactly what the business does and how it can help their loved ones?
- Will the ads be seen by the right people in the right places?
- Will organic links be directed to the right landing pages?
- Does the marketing campaign guide users to the point where they book rehab services?
- Are the USPs or the drug rehab clinic clear?
Finally, there are a host of analytical tools that can be used to manage every aspect of your drug rehab marketing campaigns for optimized results.
7 in 10 Customers Will Buy More from Brands They Trust; Abandon Those They Don’t. Adobe Experience Cloud Blog. (2022). Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://business.adobe.com/uk/blog/perspectives/7-in-10-customers-will-buy-more-from-brands-they-trust-uk.
Addiction Treatment Marketing | Rehab Marketing & SEO Company | Cardinal Digital Marketing. Cardinal Digital Marketing. (2022). Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://www.cardinaldigitalmarketing.com/healthcare-digital-marketing/rehab-marketing-agency/.
Ahern, P. (2022). 27 Mind-Bottling SEO Stats for 2022 & Beyond | Intergrowth™. Intergrowth. Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://inter-growth.co/seo-stats/.
Alcohol Facts and Statistics | National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA). National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. (2022). Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/brochures-and-fact-sheets/alcohol-facts-and-statistics.
Alcohol Rehab | Alcohol Addiction Treatment. A Boutique Business Directory. (2022). Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://www.base7booking.com/rehab/alcohol/.
BrightEdge. (2022). Organic Search Improves Ability to Map to Consumer Intent: Organic Search remains the dominant source of trackable web traffic and the largest digital channel [Ebook]. Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://videos.brightedge.com/research-report/BrightEdge_ChannelReport2019_FINAL.pdf.
Chaffey, D. (2022). Global social media statistics research summary 2022 [June 2022]. Smart Insights. Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://www.smartinsights.com/social-media-marketing/social-media-strategy/new-global-social-media-research/.
Dimovski, A. (2022). Sales Statistics – TrueList 2022. Truelist.co. Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://truelist.co/blog/sales-statistics/.
Dixon, S. (2022). Social media usage in U.S. | Statista. Statista. Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://www.statista.com/statistics/273476/percentage-of-us-population-with-a-social-network-profile/.
Google Display Network Targeting – Google Ads. Ads.google.com. (2022). Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://ads.google.com/intl/en_uk/home/resources/reach-larger-new-audiences/.
Kirsch, K. (2022). The Ultimate List of Email Marketing Stats for 2022. Hubspot. Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/email-marketing-stats.
Markets, R. (2022). United States Addiction Rehab Industry Report 2020. GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/12/15/2145134/0/en/United-States-Addiction-Rehab-Industry-Report-2020.html.
Monaghan, M. (2022). Website Load Time Statistics: Why Speed Matters in 2022. Website Builder Expert. Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://www.websitebuilderexpert.com/building-websites/website-load-time-statistics/.
Patel, N. (2022). 38 Content Marketing Stats That Every Marketer Needs to Know. Neil Patel. Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://neilpatel.com/blog/38-content-marketing-stats-that-every-marketer-needs-to-know/.
Rehab | Addiction Treatment | Rehab Directory. A Boutique Business Directory. (2022). Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://www.base7booking.com/rehab/.
Serrano, S. (2022). 2022 Email Marketing ROI Statistics: Open Rate to Revenue. Barilliance. Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://www.barilliance.com/email-marketing-statistics/.
Stafford, L. (2022). Council Post: How To Incorporate Video Into Your Social Media Strategy. Forbes. Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/yec/2017/07/13/how-to-incorporate-video-into-your-social-media-strategy/?sh=3b6652487f2e.
Total number of Websites. Internet Live Stats. (2022). Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://www.internetlivestats.com/total-number-of-websites/.
United States Addiction Rehab Industry Report 2020. GlobeNewswire News Room. (2022). Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/12/15/2145134/0/en/United-States-Addiction-Rehab-Industry-Report-2020.html.
Yerby, N. (2022). Addiction Statistics. Addiction Center. Retrieved 23 June 2022, from https://www.addictioncenter.com/addiction/addiction-statistics/.